Bernard Schottlander (1924-1999) is best known for his public sculpture. He began his career as a welder and plater and attended evening classes in sculpture at Leeds School of Art, later transferring to the Central School of Arts and Crafts where he studied industrial design between 1949 and 1951. Schottlander went on to teach metalwork and welding at St Martin's where he had particular sympathies with sculptors working in this medium. This collection comprises photographs and various prototypes of the industrial designs he produced during the 1950s.
Access the description of this archive on the Archives Hub.