Characteristics of Design/Design Policies in Socio-cultural Environments, 1960-2003: Comparative studies between Britain, Finland, Japan & Russia, focusing on the different characteristics of Korean design and its direction and application
Dr PJ Maguire
Prof JM Woodham
Prof B Brown
Aims of Investigation
- To define the characteristics of design/design policy experiments in Korea, 1960-2003.
- To analyze the socio-cultural ideology of Korean design in order to locate its global position.
I have researched Korean design and design policy, and a scheme for development in the future for North and South Korea. My thesis is a study of effects on the social culture of design and policy. The methodology is a comparative study of Britain, Japan, Finland and Russia, from 1960-2003.
I have researched social culture, design and design policy. I addressed these questions:
- what are the elements of history of design in the Korean context?
- how has design practice developed in socio-culture?
- how has design and policy developed?