AHRC-funded TECHNE studentship opportunities for October 2018 entry
The University is currently inviting applications for AHRC-funded TECHNE studentships for October 2018 entry. We are looking for motivated and engaged individuals to study across our research strengths in the arts and humanities. Applicants will be educated to Masters level, or equivalent, and meet AHRC eligibility criteria for funding.
Your application will go through a two-stage process, being considered first by the Doctoral College.
The deadline is Monday 8 January 2018, 12pm. Please submit all documents by this deadline.
AHRC-funded TECHNE Studentships
TECHNE is a Doctoral Training Partnership funded by the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) to create a new model for collaborative research skills training for research students across seven higher education institutions in London and the South East (Royal Holloway, University of Brighton, Kingston University, Roehampton University, Royal College of Art, University of Surrey, University of the Arts London). TECHNE’s vision is to produce scholars who are highly motivated and prepared for academic, public or professional life.
Fully-funded studentships (stipend and fee waiver) will be awarded by TECHNE to the best students put forward by its member universities. Successful applicants will benefit from a rich and diverse training programme with a focus on interdisciplinarity and developing career potential both in and beyond higher education; and will be able to draw on supervisory expertise from across the partnership. The TECHNE training programme is enhanced by input and placement opportunities provided by 13 partner organisations, including the Barbican, Natural History Museum, Museum of London, BFI and the Science Museum.
Please visit http://www.techne.ac.uk to find out more about TECHNE.
For information on University of Brighton staff research interests see our staff pages.
If successful at interview stage your application will be submitted to TECHNE to be considered by a panel of subject specialists drawn from TECHNE members. Eligible applications for full-time study that go forward to TECHNE will automatically be considered for a University of Brighton Studentship.
Please note: students who have already commenced doctoral study at Brighton are not eligible for University studentships, though may be eligible to apply for AHRC awards through TECHNE. International applicants are not eligible
for a TECHNE award. EU applicants are only eligible for a fees-only award, unless they satisfy Research Council residency criteria. Please see Application Guidance Notes for details.
Applicants are advised to read the following details carefully before applying.
Applications for TECHNE studentships at the University of Brighton must be made via the University of Brighton's Arts and Humanities Doctoral College. Prospective doctoral students who are interested in applying for a studentship should proceed as follows:
1. If you have already identified a potential supervisor you should contact them to talk informally about your research proposal before submitting an application. Further information on specialist supervisory strengths are available on our studentships page. Alternatively the Doctoral Centre can advise on the suitability of your proposed project and what supervision might be available: email@example.com.
2. If you are advised that the proposal may be suitable for a TECHNE studentship, you will need to complete both a university online application form and a TECHNE application form. See below for details of how to submit the application forms.
3. When completed please submit your online University of Brighton application and send your TECHNE application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview. Interviews for TECHNE studentships will take place the w/c 29 January and w/c 5 February 2018. Applicants are advised to be available should they be called for interview.
The Doctoral College will be in touch with applicants by 29 January 2018.
University of Brighton online application:
1. Log in or register as a new user to complete an online application
2. Please select the following options from the drop down menus:
type of course: research degree
school of study: School of Art
Then select TECHNE studentship (FT or PT) from the list of courses
Please attach a copy of your passport to your application at any upload point
You are required to complete two documents and email to email@example.com
Your two referees should also submit their references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the TECHNE Application Guidance Notes to assist you in your application.
Please direct any further enquiries about Postgraduate Research to: email@example.com.