Which course for me? Learning to teach English at Brighton

The English Language Teaching Education Programme (ELTEP) at the University of Brighton will develop you as a professional and give you a platform to move forward in your career whether in teaching, material design or management. You will benefit from the international student environment, the carefully developed course structure and excellent tuition and support.

Courses on the programme offer diploma and masters level options. A student might, for example, take a diploma course and use the credits from this to continue for one of our MA courses.

  • Our ELTEP courses offer you an applied development of your professional skills, whether this is 'hands-on' teaching practice in the classroom or the development of real world materials and management techniques. 
  • All students benefit from the international range of our student groups. We welcome non-native speakers and options include an extended Masters with language training and our specialist MA in English Language Teaching. 
  • The seaside resort of Brighton is a favourite with many students and our Falmer Campus at the University of Brighton is beside the South Downs National Park and boasts a range of specialist facilities. 
  • We foster a supportive, encouraging environment at Brighton, with structures to help you towards your degree and your career goals. 
  • All our courses bring you an understanding of the new technologies being used in teaching. We also have a specialist course in our MA in Media-assisted Language Teaching.
  • Our teachers all have experience across many aspects of EFL teaching and are experts in their field. 
  • Our graduates have gone on to exciting jobs around the world.

Which Brighton ELTEP course is for me?

Diploma TESOL: This is for you if you've got a couple of years' teaching experience and want a professional qualification to help your career prospects. Our Diploma also gives credits towards an MA. Find out more about our Diploma TESOL (DELTA equivalent).

MA TESOL: Our TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Langauges) MA is for experienced teachers who want to further their understanding of professional issues in order to progress to more senior roles in ELT. Find out more about our MA TESOL. 

MA TESOL with ICT: Our TESOL with Information and Communications Technolgoies MA is for experienced teachers who want to focus on their specialist knowledge of teaching materials, especially with contemporary media. Find out more about our MA in TESOL with ICT.