English Language Teacher Education
Image: Students enjoy our coastal city of Brighton, between countryside and the sea.
Our ELT courses at the University of Brighton will develop you as a professional and give you a platform to move forward in your career whether in teaching, material design or management. You will benefit from the international student environment, the carefully developed course structure and excellent tuition and support.
The programme offers diploma and masters level options. A student might, for example, take a diploma course and use the credits from this to continue for one of our MA courses.
- Our EFL courses offer you an applied development of your professional skills, whether this is 'hands-on' teaching practice in the classroom or the development of real world materials and management techniques. Find out more about our applied EFL courses at Brighton
- All students benefit from the international range of our student groups. We welcome non-native speakers and options include an extended Masters with language training and our specialist MA in English Language Teaching. Find out more about EFL for international students.
- The seaside resort of Brighton is a favourite with many students and our Falmer Campus at the University of Brighton is beside the South Downs National Park and boasts a range of specialist facilities. Find out more about our Falmer Campus.
- We foster a supportive, encouraging environment at Brighton, with structures to help you towards your degree and your career goals. Find out more about the supportive course at Brighton.
- All our courses bring you an understanding of the new technologies being used in teaching. We also have a specialist course in our MA in Media-assisted Language Teaching. Find out more about EFL teaching with technologies at Brighton.
- Our teachers all have experience across many aspects of EFL teaching and are experts in their field. Find out more about our staff and their interests.
- Our graduates have gone on to exciting jobs around the world. Find out more about our graduates from English Language Teacher Education.
Which Brighton ELT course is for me?
Diploma TESOL: This is for you if you've got a couple of years' teaching experience and want a professional qualification to help your career prospects. Our Diploma also gives credits towards an MA. Find out more about our Diploma TESOL (DELTA equivalent).
MA TESOL: Our TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Langauges) MA is for experienced teachers who want to further their understanding of professional issues in order to progress to more senior roles in ELT. Find out more about our MA TESOL.
MA MALT: Our Media Assisted Language Teaching MA is for experienced teachers who want to focus on their specialist knowledge of teaching materials, especially with contemporary media. Find out more about our MALT MA.
MA ELT: If you are a non-native English speaker and have no previous experience and but are interested in a career in English Language Teaching. Find out more about our ELT MA.