Centre for Research and Development | Arts
Emma Stibbon explores the relationship between the monumental and the effects of time in her series of drawings. Drawing itself as a methodolgy suggests the strength, resilience and yet ultimate fragility of the places she depicts. (image: There never was a GDR [detail))
Centre for Research and Development | CRD
The Centre for Research and Development oversees all research at the University of Brighton Faculty of Arts:
- fostering and promoting research excellence across the spectrum of arts disciplines: creative and performing arts, architecture, design, media and the humanities
- supporting, encouraging and developing the research activities of staff and postgraduate students in their pursuit of fresh insights, new knowledge and understanding
- enhancing society's understanding of human culture and creativity, past and present.
Research in the creative and performing arts, architecture, design, media and the humanities is at the forefront of a thriving research culture at the University of Brighton. The Faculty of Arts has systematically pursued an explicit strategy of disciplinary and interdisciplinary research, inter-relating critical theory, contemporary practices and their histories. This has generated fresh fields of interdisciplinary enquiry stimulating insights that question current practices and foster new understandings.
Discover more about the research culture at the University of Brighton Faculty of Arts
- About the CRD | contact and inner workings of the Centre for Research and Development
- Doctoral Centre Arts | find out more about MPhil, MRes and PhD study in Arts at Brighton
- Research centres | discover the inter-connections between our researchers
- Researchers | details of the work of our researchers across the arts
- News | Research news publication and news stories on research in the arts
- Research events | our calendar of seminars, conferences, exhibitions and events
- Research projects | our project microsites