As of version 0.4 the VI-Suite has the following features:
- Import of accurate terrain height map data from Esri Ascii formatted files
- Wind rose creation and display from data held within an EnergyPlus weather file.
- Sun path projection with user controllable day and hour for dynamic and animatable sun position and colour. Automated sky brightness, based on a Hosek/Wilkie sky.
- Shadow study analysis for any static or animated geometry within the Blender scene, with interactive 3D results visualisation and point metric display.
With the VI-Suite LiVi pre/post-processor for the Radiance lighting simulation suite:
- Basic lighting metric analysis (Lux, Daylight Factor, Irradiance) based on static or animated geometry, materiality and artificial lighting.
- Static or animated CIE, or user defined, Radiance sky description generation.
- Glare analysis using the included evalglare package.
- Lighting compliance testing against BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes standards
- Advanced Climate Based Daylight Modelling with results output for thermal analysis.
- Visualisation of the simulation output within the Blender scene.
- Visualisation of the simulation output as an OpenGL overlay on Blender's 3D view.
With the VI-Suite EnVi pre/post-processor for the EnergyPlus thermal simulation engine:
- Creation of EnergyPlus thermal zones with simple heating, cooling, occupancy and infiltration schedules.
- Specification of pre or user defined construction details.
- Automated geometry conversion process to convert complex Blender geometry into a form suitable for energy analysis.
- Experimental specification of advanced natural ventilation networks, using a novel nodal approach.
- Specification of EnergyPlus simulation parameters and simulation control.
- Publication quality 2D plotting of selected results, and output to CSV file.